Research Assistant at Carleton University
Psychology Theories, Mental Health, Neuroscience
Undergraduate Psychology & Neuroscience
Misha Jan is a student at Carleton University, majoring in Psychology and Neuroscience. She aspires to pioneer new trauma treatments by synthesizing her research in neuropsychology, psychedelics, and environment while completing a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology.
Her core values, which permeate all aspects of her life, are being curious, caring, and creative.
Misha currently works at the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Hospital as a research assistant assisting in various projects alongside Dr. Tanya Halsall.
She is also an author for The Charlatan, writing psychology and neuroscience-based articles.
- Research Assistant at The Royal Mental Health Hospital (March 2022 – Present): Working under the supervision of Dr. Tanya Halsall on various projects, including outdoor learning and youth substance abuse prevention.
- Crisis Responder for Kids Help Phone (March 2022 – Present): Offer suicide prevention and crisis intervention counseling by helping individuals handle a moment of crisis in a safe and healthy way.
- Research Assistant at Carleton University (Apr 2022 – May 2022): Assisted a nature recognition project being conducted through The Happiness Lab under Dr. John Zalenski.
- Content writer for SimplyPsychology.org: (2022): Contributed to academic articles on various mental health topics such as somatic symptom disorder, secure attachment, hypervigilance in PTSD, and many more.
- Content writer for The Charlatan: Contributed psychology-based articles on various subjects such as psychedelics, neuroscience, relationships, and mental health improvement strategies.
- Psychology & Neuroscience and Mental health BSc. (Hons), Carleton University (2021-present)
- Crisis Responder Certificate, Kids Help Phone (2022)
- Advanced Psychedelic-assisted Therapy (PaT) Certificate, ATMA Psychedelic Association of Canada (2023)
- Jan, M. (2022, May 09). Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders. Simply Psychology. simplypsychology.org/somatic-symptom-disorder.html
- Misha, J. (2022, July 22). Secure Attachment – from Childhood to Adult Relationships. Simply Psychology. simplypsychology.org/secure-attachment.html
- Jan, M. (2022, March 29). Hypervigilance in PTSD and Other Disorders. Simply Psychology. simplypsychology.org/hypervigilance.html