Saul Mcleod, PhD
Attachment Styles, Research Methods, Psychology Theories
BSc (Hons) Psychology, MRes, PhD, University of Manchester
Saul Mcleod, Ph.D., is a qualified psychology teacher with over 18 years experience of working in further and higher education. Saul has a knack for breaking down complex information into easily digestible pieces.
His main areas of teaching responsibility included:
- Teaching A-level psychology, psychology BSc. tutorial and seminar classes, and supporting the teaching of lab lectures and statistics.
- Assessing assignments and giving constructive feedback to students across a range of A-level and undergraduate psychology modules.
- Curriculum development of psychology modules through applying an appropriate pedagogical and instructional design framework to the course development and delivery process.
In 2021, Dr. Mcleod obtained a Ph.D. in Psychology from The University of Manchester, examining the relationship between romantic attachment and social support.
Dr. Mcleod’s research has been published in psychology journals including: The Journal of Social Psychology, Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, and Journal of Clinical Psychology.
- Founder, content writer, and editor in chief of Simply Psychology (2007-present)
- Chartered Member of The British Psychological Society: CPsychol (2022)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant on the Undergraduate Psychology degree at The University of Manchester (2014-2020)
- Lecuturer at Wigan and Leigh College, primarily teaching A-level psychology (2003-2013)
- Lecuturer at Edge Hill University College, during PGCE work placement (2001-2002)
- He has been published in peer-reviewed journals including Clinical Psychology, and the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships.
- PhD in Psychology, The University of Manchester (2021)
- MRes in Experimental Psychology with Data Science, The University of Manchester (2012)
- PGCE in Further, Higher and Adult Education, University of Bolton (2002)
- Psychology BSc. (Hons), University of Bolton (2002)
- McLeod, S., Berry, K., Hodgson, C., & Wearden, A. (2020). Attachment and social support in romantic dyads: A systematic review. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 76(1), 59-101.
- McLeod, S., Berry, K., Taylor, P., & Wearden, A. (2021). Romantic attachment and support preferences in new mothers: The moderating role of stress. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 38(5), 1535-1552.
- Mcleod, S., Berry, K., Taylor, P., & Wearden, A. (2021). Romantic attachment and support adequacy in new mothers. The Journal of Social Psychology, 1-24.
His articles on Simply Psychology have been referenced by numerous media outlets and publications including The New York Times, CNN, The Telegraph, The BBC, The Washington Post, and The Guardian.
According to Google Scholar, his articles have collectively been cited more than 8000 times during the past 5 years in academic journal papers.